Welcome to the
Hemingway Interdenominational Campground
(Note: This website is being re-constructed. Some parts are still missing and will re-appear as soon as possible.
Come back later to see more.)
2014 Hemingway Campmeeting – May 18-23
“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
April 17, 1961 on 10.2 acres of land donated by Mrs. Grace Lewis and son Olin Lewis.
One-half mile west of Hemingway, SC on Campground Road off Highway 261 west.
Mail: P.O.Box 622, Hemingway, SC 29554
The Hemingway Camp is a fully accredited, non-profit corporation for the purpose of promoting the advancement of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Christ’s Kingdom through teaching, preaching, counseling and singing; to organize and conduct Christian sponsored activities through entertainment, spiritual instruction and recreational activities; to provide adequate supervision and guidance as a means of presenting the Gospel of Christ.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God; written by “Holy men of God,” who were so guarded by the Holy Spirit as to be kept from error in the original writings; that God has so preserved it through the ages as to be now our only infallible rule and authority in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in one God eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the same in essence, and equal in power and glory.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died a substitutionary death on Calvary for the whole world, being made sin for us; that He arose bodily from the grave; that He ascended into Heaven where He now is our advocate and High Priest at the right hand of the Father. We believe in the visible return of the Lord Jesus, our Savior.
- We believe in the necessity of the new birth through the cleansing power of the blood of Christ.
We are a non-profit organization operating solely on donations. We tithe 10% of our donations back to the service of our Lord to local missions and missions abroad.
Please Pray for and Consider Our Needs
- Pray for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit that souls will be saved;.
- Pray that our youth will be open to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit and, as a result, become ambassadors for Christ;
- Pray for local congregations to be strengthened and drawn together in Christian Unity within individual churches and between Christian churches, one with another;
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead the Hemingway Campground into relevant ministry to individuals and Christian churches in the surrounding communities to the glory of God.
- Funds for liability insurance;
- Cafeteria needs to be upgraded—especially with a heater for use in the wintertime, refrigeration needs, and new screening;
- Extensive work on the keeping of the grounds needs to be done;
- Perpetual maintenance of the facilities;
- Replacement of windows and doors in boys’ dorm.
- Cash donations for paint.
- Upgrade of water and sewer systems.
Background image credit: alexokokok / 123RF Stock Photo