As the poet once said, “How do I love you? Let me count the ways…” I think it might be appropriate to count the ways we love Hemingway Campground:
- Great music! Choirs and singing groups come from all around to share their faith in music. The congregational singing is lively as well.
- Open air! Breath deep and enjoy the evening breeze as you sit back under the tabernacle roof.
- Great preaching! Some years we enjoy one evangelist all week. Other years we hear different local pastors each night. This year we will have five local pastors and one very faithful evangelist returning from Kentucky. (That evangelist will lead the lively congregational singing throughout the week as well.)
- Early morning devotions and prayer! Again, local pastors will be leading the morning devotions and prayer time under the tabernacle. What a great way to start the day in prayer and fellowship with devoted Christians, followed by a great breakfast prepared for us in the cafeteria.
- Delicious food! The hot breakfast will get you going strong every morning. And every evening different churches supply a light supper so people don’t have to cook before they come out for the evening. The cafeteria is open after the evening services for those who choose to stay and fellowship over coffee and desert.
- But the absolute best thing about the Hemingway Campmeeting week is that Christians from all denominations and cultural backgrounds choose to set aside the things that tend to divide Christians, and instead focus on the one thing that unites us: The Lord Jesus Christ – The One who left his home in heaven to suffer, to be tortured, and to die on a cross -The One who rose from the dead to prove to us that He was God – The One and only sacrifice who could save us from our sins to offer us eternal Life with Him for eternity!